The following academic requirements are from the 2016/17 Vassar College Catalogue.
At least one course must be taken at the 300-level. All courses must be taken for the letter grade. Courses taken in Italy or during the summer may be substituted with department approval.
6 units chosen from the following:
- ITAL 205 - Intermediate Italian I
- ITAL 206 - Intermediate Italian II
- ITAL 217 - Advanced Composition and Oral Expression
- ITAL 218 - Giorgio Bassani's The Garden of the Finzi-Continis
- ITAL 220 - Thirteenth-Sixteenth Century Italian Culture
- ITAL 222 - Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Italian Culture
- ITAL 255 - Four Italian Filmmakers (in English)
- ITAL 301 - Senior Seminar
- ITAL 338 - Literary Masterpieces: Dante's Divine Comedy
- ITAL 342 - Giovanni Boccaccio's Decameron: The "Novella" as a Microcosm
- ITAL 380 - Modernity in Italy
- ITAL 385 - Three Contemporary Women Writers: Dacia Maraini, Rossana Campo, Laila Wadia
- ITAL 389 - The Impossible Task of Translating: An Introduction of Literary Translation from Italian to English